Survey questions that work
October 6 2017
Asking correct questions during feedback is essential, however it's not always clear if a question is a good fit for survey form. We've worked on a quick start guide of the questions to use in different situations for your inspiration.
Before diving into the guide, consider exploring and understanding pain points inside your organization. Go to the various departments, ask around and be keen on data lying around the offices. Reports and materials from marketing programs in the past are good sources, too. Your company's sales team, most probably, would be of big help to you. Aside from them, your technical support, customer service and other teams whose roles include customer contact would be excellent resource persons. All of these sources will help you in identifying correct questions to ask.
Customer Satisfaction Survey Questions
Customer care surveys are a powerful way to evaluate your business and discover places that you excel in, and areas you may improve. However what sort of questions should you ask? How often should you take a survey; and what should you do with the info once you have it?
- What things do you believe our organization does effectively?
- Where do you think improvement is necessary?
- Would you like to see more of [X]?
- How responsive have we been to your concerns or questions?
- How long have you been a customer of our company?
- What are the three biggest things you dislike about our product or service?
- How can we improve your experience?
Product Satisfaction Survey Questions
Assess your products and build some questions associated with the usefulness of your products and how well the customer approved or disapproved of that purchase.
- How often do you typically use our product?
- Which of the following words would you use to describe our products?
- How well do our products meet your needs?
- How would you rate the quality of our product?
- How would you rate the value for money of the product?
- How likely are you to purchase our products again?
- Which features does our product lack?
- Which features do you value/use the most?
- On a scale from 1 to 5 how likely are you to recommend our product?
Net Promoter Score Questions
NPS is a great tool to measure the likeliness of your customers to talk positive about your service, product or business. Never underestimate the power of positive word of mouth or fallout from negative one. Read more about NPS score in our article.
- In Overall, how satisfied are you with our customer support?
- How likely are you to recommend our products to a friend or colleague?
- On a scale from 0 to 10 how satisfied were you with support provided?
- How likely are you to recommend our company after your last interaction with our support team?
It's a great idea to have a follow up questions to an NPS question to ensure you not only get quantitative feedback, but also qualitative. Our recommendation is to have "free text" type follow up question in the survey:
- Please tell us why you gave that score
- Please tell us how we can improve
- Please tell us what you liked the most about us
Bug Reporting Form Questions
Insight Stash allows you to create special feedback forms that help visitors report bugs on the site. Use highlighter field to help visitor effectively specify source of the problem. Additional information about a bug can be gained using below free form questions:
- Please provide more information about problem you experienced.
- Did the problem interfere with your purchasing process of our products?
Lead Generation/Email sign up Form Questions
Building your follower audience is an important part of keeping in touch with your clients and managing relationship. You can collect contact information using Insight Stash survey forms. Every business audience is different, so it is hard to provide an email capture question that would work for everyone, but below couple questions should get you started:
- Would you like to receiver offers?
- Send me a coupon code!
- Get free content in your mailbox daily!
An important thing to remember about email capture forms is the effectiveness varies drastically and depends on timing of the survey. Visitors engaging with an article are more likely to provide their contact information in comparison with visitors leaving the site.
Also consider offering a gift, like free ebook, content, or discount on a service.